Since a couple of years my employer is the University of Twente. Since january 2016 I work in a team that we call the TELT team. TELT is short for Technology Enhanced Learning & Teaching. We work closely together with and for our lecturers on innovating their teaching methods and improving their student’s learning. The TELT team is a multi-disciplinary team with expertise in online learning, flipped classroom, video for education and more. On our TELT website you will find more information on our expertise and services. These are some of the things that we are proud of from last year:
- We designed and produced several free online courses, or Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC), on subjects such as Supply Chain Innovation and E-Health
- In close cooperation with the edtech startup company UNTESO, we carried out pilot projects with digital assessments by means of USB sticks
- We worked with a Math professor on using an iPad for large lectures
- We created a large number of microlectures with several of our lecturers
- With financial assistance from SURF we gathered experience with group feedback
- We were granted financial support from our Ministry of Education, Culture and Science for two projects for Open and Online Education
Below you see our team picture so that you know who am I working with (and can you spot me?).